If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Saturday 23 April 2011

This Week I'm Grateful For...




This is my first post on I'm Grateful For... over at Maxabella loves and I am grateful for silver linings. Let me explain.






On 28th January this year I discovered I was expecting our 3rd child and after the initial shock we couldn't wait to add another member to our family.



On 13th February I started bleeding. We clung on to hope and that frail silver lining that things could still be okay.



On 23rd February I suffered a spontaneous miscarriage and major hemorrhaging. My husband who really doesn't do too well in emergency situations, especially those involving lots of blood as he has a tendency to panic, really stepped up when needed. He phoned for the ambulance, made sure our two daughters were cared for, helped the paramedics administer first aid to me, even when it came to needles and kept reassuring me we would be okay.


On 29th March I finally got my negative pregnancy tests. A sign that the worst moment in my life was now over, but also a sign that we could begin again.



Out of a terrible and heart wrenching time I discovered so much. Amazing friends that are willing and able to help at the drop of a hat and a new found love and respect for both my husband and our too daughters. something that can and does get lost in the muddle of everyday life. Where would we be without silver linings to the darkest clouds.



To see more entires please click here.


4 comments:

  1. ((((hugs)))) to you, your two girls and your husband.
    I hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you and all your family and now you can start to heal and move on. Be kind to yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view this is. I am sure you will continue to get through this as your support network seems so strong.

    Thank you for joining us for the first time - such an inspirational beginning. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry.

    I suffered a similar loss with my first pregnancy. Late (18 weeks.) It was devestasting.

    But from that I went on to have three healthy pregnancies and 3 blissfull births (and now 3 gorgeous kids...)

    I hope the next stage for you is a happy one...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...