If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday 4 March 2009

The Curious Case of the Missing Tent


Yesterday we were battered buy gale force winds and lashing rain. A dramatic change from the day before which had teased us with the promise of an early summer.

Whilst huddled warm and safe indoors it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't put away Amy's Pop Up Play Tent from the day before. I rushed out in the howling wind only to be met with an empty garden. I resigned myself to the fact we would never again see the tent and would have to purchase another, while explaining the disappearance with 'it's in the shed'. Lots of things go into the shed, never to see the light of day again. Your bucket and spade that broke last summer and I chucked out? It's in the shed!

Imagine my surprise and joy when upon opening the bedroom curtains this bright sunny morning I was confronted with the image of Amy's primary coloured tent nestling in nextdoor's flowerbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...