If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Gallery - Black and White



This week's theme for The Gallery is Black and White. I love black and white photography, more so then I love colour. I feel you get a much greater depth of detail and emotion with black and white. There is nothing I love more then getting out there with my camera and experimenting with the black and white function.

As ever I have mixed results most of the time but there are occasions, usually by accident, when I take a photograph that I am extremely pleased with. Below are two examples of such photographs.

I wish I could state that it was simply skill, but it's really more a case of being in the right place at the right time.



All Saints Cemetery on a misty morning


One for Sorrow - Magpie resting in a tree.


For more wonderful Gallery Pictures, please go here.



24 comments:

  1. I love that second photo - I would almost be inclined to have it made into a print

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics - I particularly like the first one, very eery and the black and white really does the second one justice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. You should definitely have them made into prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos, full of suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. I like both, the first is so atmospheric and the second is dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love b&w photos as I find them very soothing. You certainly posted beautiful relaxing ones there :) Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both very atmospheric - the magpie in the second pic matches the theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky in the 2nd photo is beautiful. I've never used the B&W function on my camera (I don't even know if it has one!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what truly gorgeous photos. I love them, especially the single magpie one. Something creepy but enchanting about a cemetary I think. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - these are really stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like these very much, particularly the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love black and white photography too! Ansel Adams is a big favorite of mine as well as Frank Sutcliff who does some lovely sepia toned photos of Whitby where I grew up! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics, particularly the second one - I just love the menacing sky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, the sky in the second one... it's haunting! Gorgeous black and whites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic shots, agree with The Moiderer 2nd one would make a superb print :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo they are brilliant! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the first shot. The lighter coloured triangle in the background almost makes it look as though the statue is in a spotlight of some kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are both beautiful photos. I love the second one most; the magpie is so clear and yet shouldn't be as you can only see the outline! Fab x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the second photo, and I'm in total admiration with the one bellow, the water drop; did YOU take it ? YYou are so brilliant !!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely photos. The cemetry one is so eeiry and yet so peaceful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are fantastic photos wow xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really striking pics. The magpie really makes it for me. Great entries :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...