If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Sunday 2 September 2007

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings

Last night was my hen night and my nan came along for 'something better to do.' Being that we put the cart before the horse so to speak and had our children first, it was decided that the men folk shall venture forth while the women folk sit at home and have a good old bitchfest about said men.


Sadly my nan is now suffering from dementia and can no longer remember who most of us are. Except it seems my delightful children.

Ana having special needs can be brutally honest at times asked my nan if she remembered her husband that had recently passed away.

The conversation went something like this. Ana - Naaaaaaaaaanny, do you remember great drandrad? (she can't say grandad)

Nan - Yes Dear

Ana - He died. *dramatic pause* don't worry, you're gonna die soon too (said with a little more enthusiasm then necessary)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...