If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Friday 24 July 2009

The Data Protection Act


Vinnie was made redundant a while back, but thankfully now has another job.

However he had to claim his statutory one weeks notice from The Insolvancey Service. They send you what is called a RP2 form after your notice period is up. So if you've worked for the company for four years you get four weeks notice. Four weeks after being made redundant you should get your form.

As Vinnie had only worked for the company for 9 months he is only entitled to one week's so after being made redundant on 23rd June he should have received his RP2 form, which he hasn't.

Because The Insolvency Service won't take calls during 10-11am and 2-3pm (Vinnie's break times at work) he asked me to phone to simply ask if they had posted out the form yet.

Apparently due to The Data Protect Act they cannot discuss with me whether they have sent the form out or not.

I understand the need to protect someones privacy and private information. But to not be able to tell me if they have posted something out to our address? AGH! What am I supposed to be able to do with this super sensitive information anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...