If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Tuesday 6 November 2007

Today I am glad I have a special needs child

We all know that caring for a child with special needs can be hard and sometimes relentless work and there are those of us that have dark moments when we ask ourselves; why me?


But today I got to thinking about all the great things I have learnt having a special needs child.


I have learnt patience


I have learnt the true meanings of Ignorance, Prejudice, Hostility and Humility


I have learnt to fight for what I believe in not matter what other's may think of me


I have learnt to make myself heard when it really matters


I have learnt to become unselfish and how to put myself on hold so I can give my daughter the support and help she needs


I have learnt to develop a thick skin for myself and my daughter


I have re-learnt to look at the world in innocent wonder


I have learnt to pick my battles carefully, when to pull my daughter up on her behaviour and when to let things that don't really matter slide


I have learnt what my ugly side is like and I have learnt to quell her But most of all I have learnt was true unconditional love is It may be hard and I may not like it at times, but I thank God for giving me Ana and helping me to grow into a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...