If you've come here looking for my taphophile and graveyard posts, they can now be found at my new blog, Beneath Thy Feet. Hope to see you there.

Friday 30 January 2009

I Don't 'DO' Sleepovers!


Tonight was supposed to be Amy's first sleepover. At nearly three years old I did have some corncerns that she didn't fully understand what sleeping over truly meant. Bearing in mind she still doesn't fully understand what sleeping means. Still, she seemed pretty excited by the idea and helped me pack her overnight bag. She chose to take her Upsy Daisy pyjamas, Iggle Piggle blanket, Neigh Neighs and her toothbrush.

4:30pm on the dot I dropped her off at her friends' house with the promise that should anything change their mother would be straight on the phone. I went home and basked in the bliss that was silence and no Wall-e on the TV.

However that blissful silence was shattered at 7:00pm by THAT call. Someone wanted to come home.

Amy then informed me that she, 'doesn't want to do sleepovers anymore.'

Oh well, there's always next year I suppose!

1 comment:

  1. LOL bless her!!!

    I was trying to explain to my nearly five year old the other day that you do actually have to *sleep all night* there, he wasn't agreeing with me!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...